Minutes of St Josephs Reflection Group 3rd November 2021

Apologies: Lear Family, Marie Paton

Changes in the group: Chris Handley and Helen are stepping down from the group and Chris Parrott is joining us.

1. Reflection

Universal Church Synod

1) Communion

2) Participation

3) Mission

The consultation period has been extended to April. We need to form a working group that can plan a form of action for us to apply. Core group to be John, Anne-Marie, Alison, Maine

This is our opportunity to have a voice, have an impact

Monica to approach readers and bidding prayer readers

Speak to Childrens Liturgy members

Shauna to speak to Care Group

Anne-Marie to speak to Confirmation group

Put an item in the Newsletter

Anne-Marie to present to school

There are 3 sessions already prepared & scripted available to run from beginning of Advent

2. Finance – no report this meeting (agreed to only report quarterly)

3. Harvest – Harvest collection for food bank on Sunday (list of needs for website and newsletter) Food and money collection.

4. Christmas

No childrens’ mass

(Fri) Christmas Eve – 5.30 Carols; 6.00 Christmas Eve Mass – St Josephs

(Sat) Christmas Day – 9.30 mass at St Josephs

(Sun) Boxing Day – 9.30 mass at St Josephs

Taize service 8th December with Anna and Siobhan

5. Live Simply November – Reduce your carbon footprint, Help the environment, Help the Poor

Emma and Chris to get everything on the website and do some leaflets for church

December’s theme is No Waste

Marie has already done an article for Hallam News regarding the work the parish is already doing.

School Conservations Area: -lots of people helped clear and digging. Found paths. Filled in pond. Cleared lots of wood. Another day planned with parents

6. Cleaning

Helen organised cleaning until Christmas. Kitchen needs a deep clean in cupboards etc after Christmas. Need to replace oven next year – to add to purchases priority list for Finance team

7. Hymn Rota & Music for Mass

Helen does the rota. Gayle has asked if she can have the hymn list a couple of weeks before. Monica to speak to Gayle about doing the music fortnightly so not such a big commitment. We will use electronic music on the other weeks

8. COVID

Need to leave the doors open during mass still

No handshaking for sign of peace – everyone enjoys waving

9. Shoe box Appeal

Link for this is on the Parish Whats App group. There is a link to a website to find where you can drop off your Shoe box.

10. 170 Club

Very few people still doing this -some are still giving online but there is not enough money yet for a prize draw. Suggested that there is a small Christmas prize.

We need to check what account the money goes into.

Next Meeting December 1st in Parish Room

(Emma and Anne-Marie cannot attend)

ACTIONS

Synod Group – set initial meeting

Live Simply - Emma and Chris to get everything on the website and do some leaflets for church

Need to replace oven next year – to add to purchases priority list for Finance team

Kitchen needs a deep clean in cupboards etc after Christmas

Monica to speak to Gayle about doing the music fortnightly so not such a big commitment.

170 Club - We need to check what account the money goes into.

Recent Posts

See All

Minutes of Parish Reflection held on Wednesday 6th October 2021 Present: Fr Andy, S. H, A. N., H. M, M. H, C.H., C. P., M. P, A. B, M. G., M & T L. Apologies: M. C, J. C., A. C, M., E.. Review of Mi